I spent a lot of time this spring training for my Grand Teton Climb in Wyoming, and on July 24th, 2012, I made it to the top.
Ingredients for french toast:
Stale bread sliced in thick pieces
Mix the following in a big bowl:
1 cup soy milk
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
1 tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
Dunk bread in mixture coat well and cook in pan on a med heat until brown on both sides.
Love this recipe for it’s wholesome goodness and it’s flexibility. You can add all kinds of different sautéed veggies, or switch it up using fruit.
- 1/2 brick of firm tofu
- 1 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 tbs garbanzo bean flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp mustard (Dijon is best)
- 1 tsp Kosher Worcestershire sauce (anchovy-free)
- 1/4 cup organic veggie broth (fat free)
Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl, start with 1/4 cup of veggie broth. Throughly mix the ingredients (checkout Cuisinart Smart Stick) slowly adding additional veggie broth until you have thick pancake batter consistency. Spoon in a large dollop into your non-stick-pan (checkout Scanpan Cookware) and evenly work it flat into a pancake. Cook on a medium-low heat (covered) until the top starts to change color, then flip to the other side (if you can’t flip use a large spatula), ~5-7 minutes each side. Add your sautéed veggies, Daiya cheddar cheese and fold over. Plate it up and enjoy!
These waffles are so good! Packed full of protein, Omega-3, Omega-6, B-12, and low fat.
Estimated per one waffle: 134 calories, 8 grams protein, 3 grams sugar, 2.5 grams fat, 5.5 grams fiber (does not include canola oil).
- 2 cups of Organic 6-Grain Pancake & Waffle Mix (Inn On The Creek)
- 2 heaping tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast
- 4 heaping tablespoons of Hulled Hemp Seed
- 1 heaping tablespoon Egg Replacer
- 1 and a 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- Spritz Canola Oil Spray on waffle maker as needed
Makes about 8 waffles (5″ diameter).